Omni Executive provides the Australian Government’s defence and security sector (including industry) with the highest quality, creative and customised solutions in order to support the national interest. Omni’s vision is to become Australia’s leading organisation for government and industry/entities in all aspects of security development, consulting, professional recruitment, training and innovation.
Omni’s values are critical to the services we provide and define us as an organisation. Our creative ideas and innovation ensure that we deliver a service to the highest levels. The Omni values are:
Omni Aerospace maintains an experienced team of engineers, technicians, pilots and project management specialists who create custom designed solutions for technical and aerospace projects.
The Team is able to design, manufacture, test, train, deliver and support technical solutions and project integrations.
We are seeking an experienced Aerospace/Aeronautical, Mechatronic or Electronics Engineer to join our in-house Special Mission Systems design team.
Aerospace personnel possess strengths in military special operations, engineering, technical, aviation operations, law enforcement, logistics, and project management proficiency and have requisite security clearances and briefings.
As a member of the Engineering Design Team the successful applicant will be involved in the end-to-end design, manufacture and installation of Airborne Role Equipment to meet the specific needs of our customers. Being a small and capable team, the role will also require involvement in project management, concept development, design for manufacturability, airworthiness compliance and through-life technical support.
The role will include:
- Developing new concepts through to mature engineering designs, with a focus on electronics integration
- Product development of existing products and systems
- Development of design documentation such as engineering drawings and reports
- Project planning and management including cost estimation and control
- Involvement in testing, including the interpretation and reporting of results
- Active collaboration with the manufacturing and maintenance teams
As a part of your application cover letter, please include your salary expectation and the requisite notice period with your current employer.
- A Tertiary Qualification in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Electronics Engineering
- Fluent, precise and clear communication skills
- Proven analytical and reporting skills and demonstrated problem solving ability
- Experience in the integration of electrical/electronic systems
- Experience with the use of modern CAD tools
- An ability to understand and work to aviation regulations (or similar requirements from another industry)
- An ability to travel domestically or internationally when required by the project
- Avionics specialisation
- CASR 21.M Authorised Person
- Experience with Solidworks and Altium CAD
- Experience with modern simulation tools
- Experience with RF Systems
- Experience with PLM and/or ERP Systems
- Programming experience with C# and/or Java Script
- The ability to obtain, maintain and hold a security clearance
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative design solutions specific to client requirements
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and projects
- Strong analytical skills and ability to promote effective technical design strategies
- Capable of effectively interacting with all stakeholders
- Sound negotiation skills in dealing with internal and external customers
- Focused on achieving results
- Ability to meet timelines
- A change agent and highly autonomous
- Sound values with high integrity
- Taking a leadership role in technical meetings/design reviews
- Effective communicator at all levels