Omni Executive (Omni) is an organisation which manages highly sensitive and secure information systems, training and policy requirements for our clients.
Omni is seeking an applicant with significant Military Staff Officer experience to coordinate client policy development, outreach and liaison across the ADF, Defence other stakeholders. The successful applicant will maintain best practices and ensure initiatives across the businesses are compliant with Defence and APS requirements.
Importantly, the successful applicant will have a responsibility for building strong relationships with the client to enhance the reputation of Omni and create an environment for future business. It therefore requires a very collegiate and agile approach to service delivery and direction of all work from hand over to completion. This must be carried out conforming to both Omni and client requirements.
The role is broad and varied, drawing significantly on the applicant’s Staff Officer experience –The role will focus on coordination and planning to support the client in managing personnel related matters within a specific area of Defence, and providing advice and support for operational planning initiatives of colleagues within the capability.
In this role, you will:
- Develop policy to align with the directions of the Client, ensuring the outputs are appropriately socialised among all relevant stakeholders
- Directly support policy development and operational planning initiatives of colleagues within the capability to service the Client’s needs
- Develop presentation and briefing packs to support the Capability Manager in providing senior level briefings and audit responses
- Identify policy and procedure gaps and ensure appropriate policies and agreements are developed to mitigate Capability risks
- Assist in developing and implementing workforce policies and practices to meet best practice
- Ensure maintenance of employee records (both files and electronically) with regards to privacy, archives and Defence legislative requirements
- Support the client in delivery of cyclical workforce activities including policy reviews, Conditions of Service reviews, Nature of Service reviews and support to Honours and Awards determinations
- Undertake special projects as required and directed
What We Offer
- Attractive remuneration package
- Complimentary insurance benefit
- $5000 annual contribution to Professional Development
- Flexible working conditions, including ‘working from home’ options
- Up to 16 weeks of Parental Leave
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Who We Are
Established in 2012, Omni is a 100% Australian-owned company which supports the Australian Government, Defence and Private Sector clients. Omni is a company built on integrity; its strengths are its people and culture. The diverse, collective experience of our team of 250+ personnel draw from a wealth of experience including in intelligence, special operations, law enforcement, emergency services, engineering, and aviation. We pride ourselves on our integrity, excellence and innovation which ensures tailored delivery to our valued clients and creates long-term partnerships in the areas we operate.
Our Values, Culture & Sustainability
The Omni values of Respect, Trust, Agility and Humility underpin our culture. Omni’s diverse and inclusive work environment ensures that all personnel are treated with respect. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Omni’s LIVE Sustainability Strategy focuses on Local, Indigenous, Veteran and Environmental initiatives which reflect our long-held commitment to responsible progress and a better future for all. Omni’s Sustainability initiatives include donations, sponsorships, partnerships and volunteering across a wide range of organisations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Hold and maintain a TSPV security clearance
- Significant Staff Officer experience at the O5/O6 level
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Work, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline such as Business, Social Science, Psychology or Human Resources will be highly regarded
- Project manager experience, including proficiency in using associated objective management software
- Certification or training in systems and processes related to technical discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a generalist Staff Officer role gained within the ADF environment
- Experience in identifying and engaging the main stakeholders in ADF policy development, particularly in managing timelines to achieve successful sign-off on key objectives
- Experience in military policy interpretation and writing, managing inter-agency MoUs and engaging stakeholders in order to deliver fit-for-purpose outputs
- Competence in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Team oriented
- Capable of effectively interacting with all stakeholders and working within client culture
- Focused and results oriented, driven by excellence
- Effective communicator, both written and oral, at all levels
- Adherence to Omni Values