OMNI Executive provides the Australian Government’s defence and security sector (including businesses) with the highest quality, creative and customised solutions in order to support the national interest. Omni’s vision is to become Australia’s leading organisation for government and selected entities in all aspects of security development, consulting, professional recruitment, training and innovation.
Omni values are critical to the services that we provide and define us as an organisation. Our creative ideas and innovation ensure that we deliver a service to the highest levels. The Omni values are:
Omni is an organisation which manages highly secure Military grade networks to Government entities. End Clients are provided full network teams consisting of, but not limited to; ICT Managers, Service Delivery Managers, Cyber Security Specialists, Technical Support Officers and ICT Helpdesk Support Technicians.
Importantly, all employees have a responsibility for strong relationship with the client to enhance the reputation of Omni and create an environment for future business. It therefore requires a collegiate and agile approach to service delivery. Management positions must display effective leadership of their teams, and direction of all work from hand-over to completion. This must be carried out conforming to both internal (Omni) and external (Client) requirements.
This Position Description articulates the expectations of the role. The Position Description is not exhaustive as it is expected that the employee will take on other duties as required.
SFIA 4 | TECH 5, NTAS 4, PBMG 4, USUP 3
Senior Technical Officers are responsible for contributing to an effective and efficient ICT Service Desk for the client. They provide customer focussed ICT support services, through the provision of an ICT Service Desk.
Senior Technical Officers contribute to the maintenance of an ITIL Service Management framework, to ensure the level of services provided to the client remains consistent with their expectations.
Senior Technical Officers respond to the client user community for service requests and incidents in a timely and efficient manner. They regularly engage with the client to understand user needs and requirements of the ICT networks.
Senior Technical Officers – Networks and Crypto maintain an in-depth knowledge specific technical specialism relating to crypto systems. They will also maintain the network support process and check that all requests are dealt with according to agreed procedures. They will initiate and monitor actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems and services and assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Support client ICT systems, infrastructure, hardware and software, as defined in the Statement of Work.
- Manage and maintain Crypto systems on behalf of the client
- Contribute to the delivery of ICT support services for the client in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements
- Respond to client ICT support services in accordance with ITIL Service Operation processes
- Provide recommendations for Service Desk improvements, including hardware, software and process evolutions
- Collaborate with team members to troubleshoot and resolve incidents and problems
- Attend regular ICT Team meetings
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline or relevant experience
- Recognised qualifications in a technical discipline
- Hold and maintain a TS-PV Security Clearance
- ITIL Foundation Training and Certification
- Experience with Crypto systems
- Post-graduate qualification in a related technical discipline
- Certification or training in systems and processes related to technical discipline
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- > 10 years’ experience in a technical discipline
- Competence in Microsoft Office programs
- Competence in Cisco and Juniper networking devices
- Awareness of Vmware NSX
- Competence and experience with ICT Service Desk tools and applications
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Focused and results orientated, driven by excellence.
- Confident in coaching and mentoring small teams.
- Able to work effectively and cohesively in a team environment.
- Effective communicator, both written and oral, at all levels.