OMNI Executive provides the Australian Government’s defence and security sector (including businesses) with the highest quality, creative and customised solutions in order to support the national interest. Omni’s vision is to become Australia’s leading organisation for government and selected entities in all aspects of security development, consulting, professional recruitment, training and innovation.
Omni values are critical to the services that we provide and define us as an organisation. Our creative ideas and innovation ensure that we deliver a service to the highest levels. The Omni values are:
Omni is an organisation which manages highly secure Military grade networks to Government entities. End Clients are provided full network teams consisting of, but not limited to; ICT Managers, Service Delivery Managers, Cyber Security Specialists, Technical Support Officers and ICT Helpdesk Support Technicians.
Importantly, all employees have a responsibility for strong relationship with the client to enhance the reputation of Omni and create an environment for future business. It therefore requires a very collegiate and agile approach to service delivery, and when in management positions must display effective leadership of their teams, and direction of all work from hand-over to completion. This must be carried out conforming to both internal (Omni) and external (Client) requirements.
This Position Description articulates the expectations of the role. The Position Description is not exhaustive as it is expected that the candidate will take on other duties as required.
SFIA 2| ITOP 1, USUP 2, ASUP 2
Technical Officers are responsible for contributing to an effective and efficient ICT helpdesk service for the client. They provide customer focussed ICT support services, through the provision of an ICT Helpdesk.
Technical Officers contribute to the maintenance of an ITIL Service Management framework, to ensure the level of services provided to the client remains consistent with their expectations.
Technical Officers contribute, under instruction, to system operations and assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications. The Technical Officer also receives and handles requests for support following agreed procedures. The Technical Officer responds to common requests for support by providing information to enable resolution and promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate. The Technical Officer maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline or relevant experience
- Recognised qualifications in a technical discipline
- Hold and maintain a TS-PV Clearance
- Post-graduate qualification in a related technical discipline
- Certification or training in systems and processes related to technical discipline
- ITIL Foundation Training and Certification
- > 5 years experience in a technical discipline
- Competence in Microsoft Office programs
- Competence and experience with ICT Service Desk tools and applications
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Focused and results orientated, driven by excellence.
- Confident in coaching and mentoring small teams
- Effective communicator, both written and oral, at all levels.