OMNI Executive provides the Australian Government’s national defence and security sector including businesses with the highest quality, creative and customised solutions in order to support the national interest. The vision of the organisation is to become Australia’s leading organisation for government and selected entities to partner with all aspects of security development, all aspects of consulting both externally and internally, professional recruitment services, training and innovations.
The values of OMNI Executive are critical to the services that are provided and define us as an organisation. Our creative ideas and innovation ensure that we deliver a service to the highest levels. The values include:
This Position Description articulates the expectations of the role. There will be opportunity to exercise initiative and to take on other duties as required.
Professional Services Consultants provide embedded, specialised, knowledge-based services to the Australian Government and industry clients of the Consulting Business Unit.
The ILS Manager will provide support and guidance in a range of Introduction into Service and sustainment activities.
Whilst responsible to the client for the quality and extent of the contracted work, the individual will report through the Team Leader to the General Manager Consulting supporting the wider Omni values and mission.
- Ensure the team work to the direction of the client (within scope) in order with their, and Omni’s, organisational structures, client and Omni policies and client project roadmap.
- Provide ILS Support to the Project to enable realisation and sustainment
- Report on ILS progress against the master schedule and expected outcomes
- Provide advice to management on methods and/or strategies to improve the efficiency of ILS
- Creation of Integrated Logistics Support Instructions, transition into Service Plan, acceptance into Service and disposal plans
- Work with other contractors and logistics personnel to resolve logistics matters
- Liaise with Capability Managers on logistics matters
- Conduct procurement and contracting activities raising orders, in support of the project
- Produce parts or all of the following documents / processes:
- Equipment User manuals / handbooks
- Complete equipment schedule
- Cataloguing, codification and input into MILIS
- Repair Parts schedules
- Support and sustainment framework and policy
- Configuration audits
- Integrated logistic support instructions
- Develop KPI and Monitoring of Material Sustainment Agreements
- Fleet management functions, including support optimisation analysis through to MILIS data entry and data management
- Uploading documents and management of project SharePoint sites
- Develop, contribute or review the ILS components of the following plans and schedules:
- ILS and IIS Plans
- Transition and Remediation Plan
- ILS Risk Management Plan
- Schedules and plans as required; and
- Assist Client Project Managers with the transition of the project into sustainment
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Hold and maintain a Government Security Clearance (minimum of Negative Vetting 1 (NV1)
- Tertiary Level or equivalent qualification/s in Program or Integrated Logistics Support (methodology/s)
- Sound knowledge of the Defence Capability Lifecycle policies and processes
- Understanding of both Single Service and Joint Logistics requirements, policies and processes.
- Understanding of Defence Logistics Management and codification policies and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Defence Logistics Management tools e.g. MILIS
- Experience working within the Defence environment or possess the personal traits enabling the ability to adapt to the environment
- Ability to adapt rapidly to situations and emerging or unforeseen client requirements
- Ability to adapt to a variety of assigned tasks within various areas of Defence or Whole of Government Organisations
- Demonstrated ability to work and contribute effectively within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to foster sound relationships with both Omni employees and clients
- Capable of effectively interacting with all stakeholders.
- Focused and results oriented, driven by excellence.
- Strong values with high integrity
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Proven influencing negotiation and time management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet Omni Values