Omni Executive provides the Australian Government’s Defence and security sector (including businesses) with the highest quality, creative and customised solutions in order to support the national interest. Omni’s vision is to become Australia’s leading organisation for government and selected entities in all aspects of security development, consulting, professional recruitment, training, and innovation.
Omni’s values are critical to the services we provide and define us as an organisation. Our creative ideas and innovation ensure that we deliver a service to the highest levels. The Omni values are:
Omni Aerospace maintains an experienced team of engineers, technicians, pilots, and project management specialists who create custom designed solutions for technical and aerospace projects. Omni maintains a CAR 30 Certificate of Approval and an Air Operators Certificate to support the modification, maintenance, and operation of Omni aircraft.
Omni Aerospace is the West Australian Pilatus service centre for PC 12 aircraft.
Aerospace personnel are required to provide products and services that have been developed in demanding operational environments and matured through practical application in the field. The Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME) will report to the Maintenance Manager and is accountable for the successful delivery of work in accordance with the agreed maintenance plan; specifically, the conduct of maintenance of aircraft IAW the aircraft operators agreed maintenance scope IAW approved maintenance publications and regulations.
The LAME has the responsibility for the delivery of maintenance under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, including accurate estimation and execution of work against the standard parameters of HSE, Cost, Time, Quality, Risk, Benefits and Resources.
Changes to scope and variations must be identified and managed in a timely and structured way, with all work conducted in accordance with the established regulations, budget and schedule. The result of the LAME’s work must be the safe delivery of work, on time, to the appropriate agreed quality, and inside the approved budget.
The LAME is required to execute a maintenance plan that will deliver what has been scoped, and to do this with minimal unplanned consequences to the flying schedule as agreed with the operator/client.
The role will include:
- Promote the good health and safety of all team members in the workplace
- Ensure maintenance of aircraft carried out is completed in accordance with the Omni Aviation Maintenance Procedures Manuals, Civil Aviation Regulations and Aircraft or Engine Manufacturers Manuals. Ensure all maintenance is certified in accordance with the Omni Aviation Maintenance systems of certification
- Deliver the maintenance work scope to the satisfaction of the client
- Manufacturing of new components using accepted aviation materials and processes
- Support maintenance planning
- Ensure strict control of stores and distribution systems in accordance with the Procedures Manual
- Manage all risks IAW the Omni Risk Management process.
- Maintain professional relationship with all maintenance stakeholders and sub-contractors
- Monitor the major defects/damage and unscheduled components change registers and taking necessary action
- Monitor training and levels of training within Omni Aviation Maintenance Engineering control and assist in developing necessary training programs.
- Maintenance of Technical Data, Test Equipment and Ground Support Equipment, including assisting with the calibration of equipment and test apparatus.
- Ensure revisions to the technical library are assessed and processed
- Identify and evaluate business development opportunities and potential candidates
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Maintenance / technical / trade qualifications in relevant area
- License coverage for Omni aircraft, Including PC 12 and PT6 privileges
- Minimum Baseline security clearance
- Recognised Maintenance qualifications across multiple areas
- Manufacturing and Sheetmetal experience
- Type specific training
- >4 years in a Maintenance / technical discipline post license issue
- Demonstrated excellence in delivering complex Maintenance projects
- Demonstrated competence in the manufacture of components using accepted aviation materials and processes, including sheet metal profile cutting, bending, drilling, riveting, milling and turning
- Experience in a production environment and/or experience with CNC equipment is desirable
- Strong analytical skills and ability to promote effective technical design strategies
- Strong safety and regulatory compliance attitude
- Capable of effectively interacting with all stakeholders
- Sound negotiation skills in dealing with internal and external customers
- Good team member who is focused on achieving results
- Ability to meet timelines
- A change agent and highly autonomous
- Sound values with high integrity
- Effective communicator at all levels