Omni Executive provides the Australian Government and select corporate entities with the highest quality, creative and customised solutions to support the national interest. Omni’s vision is to become Australia’s leading organisation for in all aspects of security development, consulting, professional recruitment, training and innovation.
Omni values are critical to the services that we provide and define us as an organisation. Our creative ideas and innovation ensure that we deliver a service to the highest levels. The Omni values are:
All Omni Executive employees have a key responsibility to support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Corporate Operations Manager (COM), the General Managers and other Omni employees, to create a professional and productive working environment that is extended to our clients, customers and stakeholders.
Project Managers provide embedded, specialised, knowledge-based services to the Australian Government and industry clients of Omni. The Project Manager provides services to the client on a contractual basis and is responsible for the full execution of the Statement of Work agreed within that contract. Client roles may include Project Management, Systems Engineering, Integrated Logistics Support, and provision of technical expertise.
While responsible to the client for the quality and the extent of the contracted work, within Omni Project Managers report to their relevant Business Unit General Manager.
The Project Manager is responsible for the following key accountabilities:
- Deliver the agreed scope of work to the satisfaction of the client
- Monitor, manage and maintain positive client sentiment
- Manage time and resources to enable efficient completion of the required tasks
- Proactively promote the physical and mental health and safety of all team members
- Identify, monitor, and mitigate or manage risks to the delivery of service in accordance with the Omni Risk Management Framework
- Identify and evaluate business development opportunities and employment candidates
- Complete client and corporate administrative requirements in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Hold and maintain a AGSVA Negatively Vetted Security Clearance or higher
- Competence in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint
Required Personal Qualities
- A highly autonomous change agent who exercises substantial initiative
- Logical, with strong analytical skills and high-level judgement
- Resilient, flexible, and humble, with a strong work ethic
- Exceptional integrity
Desirable Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to maintain positive and effective stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Experience in effective communication with technical staff across multiple disciplines
- Strong verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to influence, present, effectively negotiate, and lead and effect change
- Strong written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to produce clear and concise project documentation and technical reports
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in Commonwealth, State or Commercial environments