OMNI Executive provides the Australian Government’s defence and security sector (including businesses) with the highest quality, creative and customised solutions in order to support the national interest. Omni’s vision is to become Australia’s leading organisation for government and selected entities in all aspects of security development, consulting, professional recruitment, training and innovation.
Omni values are critical to the services that we provide and define us as an organisation. Our creative ideas and innovation ensure that we deliver a service to the highest levels. The Omni values are:
Omni is an organisation which manages highly secure Military grade networks to Government entities. End Clients are provided full network teams consisting of, but not limited to; ICT Managers, Service Delivery Managers, Cyber Security Specialists, Technical Support Officers and ICT Helpdesk Support Technicians.
Importantly, all employees have a responsibility for strong relationship with the client to enhance the reputation of Omni and create an environment for future business. It therefore requires a very collegiate and agile approach to service delivery, and when in management positions must display effective leadership of their teams, and direction of all work from hand-over to completion. This must be carried out conforming to both internal (Omni) and external (Client) requirements.
This Position Description articulates the expectations of the role. The Position Description is not exhaustive as it is expected that the candidate will take on other duties as required.
SFIA 4 | ASUP 4, ITOP 4, PBMG 4, USUP 4
Senior Systems Technicians are responsible for contributing to an effective and efficient ICT support service for the client across all supported systems. Senior Systems Technicians maintain application support processes and checks all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. They provide technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures and contributes to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work. The Senior Systems Technician initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems and services. They also ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures and ensures that documentation of the supported components is available and in an appropriate form for those providing support.
- Deploy, monitor, maintain, upgrade and support all client ICT systems, infrastructure, hardware and software.
- Contribute to the delivery of ICT support services for the client in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements
- Maintain standard build templates and documentation for client systems
- Ensure the baseline configuration of client systems and environments
- Respond to client ICT support services in accordance with ITIL Service Operation processes
- Provide remediation and stabilisation of client networks, inclusive of all support arrangements
- Provide recommendations for Service Desk improvements, including hardware, software and process evolutions
- Collaborate with team members to troubleshoot and resolve incidents and problems
- Attend regular ICT Team meetings
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline or relevant experience
- Recognised qualifications in a technical discipline
- Hold and maintain a NV2 Clearance, with the ability to upgrade to PV
- ITIL Foundation Training and Certification
- Post-graduate qualification in a related technical discipline
- Certification or training in systems and processes related to technical discipline
- VMWare virtualisation stack experience
- In Depth Active Directory experience
- > 10 years experience in a technical discipline
- Competence in Microsoft suite of tools
- Competence and experience with ICT Service Desk tools and applications
- Relevant experience with VMWare products and tools
- Proven experience as a Server Administrator
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Focused and results orientated, driven by excellence.
- Effective communicator, both written and oral, at all levels.