OMNI Executive provides the Australian Government’s defence and security sector (including businesses) with the highest quality, creative and customised solutions in order to support the national interest. Omni’s vision is to become Australia’s leading organisation for government and selected entities in all aspects of security development, consulting, professional recruitment, training and innovation.
Omni values are critical to the services that we provide and define us as an organisation. Our creative ideas and innovation ensure that we deliver a service to the highest levels. The Omni values are:
Omni is an organisation which manages highly secure Military grade networks to Government entities. End Clients are provided full network teams consisting of, but not limited to; ICT Managers, Service Delivery Managers, Cyber Security Specialists, Technical Support Officers and ICT Helpdesk Support Technicians.
Importantly, all employees have a responsibility for strong relationships with the client to enhance the reputation of Omni and create an environment for future business. It therefore requires a very collegiate and agile approach to service delivery, and when in management positions must display effective leadership of their teams, and direction of all work from hand-over to completion. This must be carried out conforming to both internal (Omni) and external (Client) requirements.
This Position Description articulates the expectations of the role. The Position Description is not exhaustive as it is expected that the candidate will take on other duties as required.
SFIA – 5 | ITMG – 5, SLMO – 5, USUP – 5
Principal Technical Officer – Service Delivery Managers are responsible for the expert technical advice and guidance they provide to the client. They are responsible for the effective and efficient operation and maintenance of the client’s networks. Where there are issues with the client’s networks, the Principal Technical Officer – Service Delivery Manager must lead the discussions seeking to understand and correctly plot a path to recovery.
The Principal Technical Officer – Service Delivery Manager is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an ITIL Service Management framework for the client and will ensure that service delivery meets agreed service levels within scope of the contract.
The Principal Technical Officer – Service Delivery Manager is responsible for the delivery of professional IT support services in accordance with industry best practices to the client. They will positively and actively engage in a culture of professionalism and promote the Omni values within the client environment.
- Provide a quality service to customers and resolve specific customer problems
- Provide technical advice, support and mentoring role to Senior Technical Officers and Technical Support Officers
- Monitor and report on the quality of services provided through the Service Catalogue
- Research and remain current with Industry best practice processes and procedures for ICT Service Support
- Overall remediation / stabilisation of the client networks, inclusive of all support arrangements & forecasts
- Review, analyse and provide recommendations to the client on tasks which are outside the scope of the contract
- Conduct regular team meetings and attend client meetings to report on the quality of ICT support services
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline
- Recognised qualifications in a technical discipline
- Hold and maintain a NV2 with ability to obtain a PV Clearance
- Post-graduate qualification in a related technical discipline
- Certification or training in systems and processes related to a technical discipline
- ITIL Intermediate Training and Certification
- Hold and maintain a TS-PV Clearance
- > 10 years’ experience in a technical discipline
- Experience in leading multi-disciplined ICT teams