The Software Developer is required to assist in the development and integrate of software employing an Agile Software Development Methodology (SDM). The position will include developing software, integrating Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) and Government Off the Shelf (GOTS) software, documenting technical processes and assisting with testing and deployment.
A security clearance will not be required to apply however the preferred applicant will be required to successfully undergo the security clearance vetting process at the TSPV level. They will also be required to undergo an Organisational Suitability Assessment.
In this role, you will:
- Enhance and support automation capability for existing systems and recommend/design new structures and tools which meet business requirements which take into account the target environment. Integrate Commercial Off the Shelf and Government Off the Shelf software. Translate logical designs into physical designs and integrate software employing an Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Monitor systems and infrastructure; provide assistance with support requests to fix and troubleshoot issues.
- Implement and maintain automated testing. Provide feedback on implementation and design aspects as required from other areas.
- Database design and implementation for operational systems.
- Assist in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures and produce documentation, including detailed design documentation, in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and direct the work of other team members. Work as a member of an integrated Agile team and effectively prioritise, allocate tasks, participate in and contribute to design reviews, stakeholder meetings and agile processes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Successful completion of the OSA and security clearance process.
- Demonstrable experience with Puppet, Ansible and Docker automation tools.
- Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience in designing test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes.
- Competent in mapping work to user specification and removes errors and deviations from specification to achieve user-friendly processes.
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Proven influencing, negotiation and time management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Team orientated
- Ability to meet Omni Values
What We Offer
- Attractive remuneration package
- Complimentary insurance benefit
- $5000 annual contribution to Professional Development
- Up to 16 weeks of Parental Leave
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Who We Are
Established in 2012, Omni is a 100% Australian-owned company which supports the Australian Government, Defence and Private Sector clients. Omni is a company built on integrity; its strengths are its people and culture. The diverse, collective experience of our team of 250+ personnel draw from a wealth of experience including in intelligence, special operations, law enforcement, emergency services, engineering, and aviation. We pride ourselves on our integrity, excellence and innovation which ensures tailored delivery to our valued clients and creates long-term partnerships in the areas we operate.
Our Values, Culture & Sustainability
The Omni values of Respect, Trust, Agility and Humility underpin our culture. Omni’s diverse and inclusive work environment ensures that all personnel are treated with respect. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Omni’s LIVE Sustainability Strategy focuses on Local, Indigenous, Veteran and Environmental initiatives which reflect our long-held commitment to responsible progress and a better future for all. Omni’s Sustainability initiatives include donations, sponsorships, partnerships and volunteering across a wide range of organisations.