The role of the Test Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) Writer is to undertake all activities required to development a project and program TEMP which is suitable for approval and submission to Defence Senior Committees. This includes conducting research into the project or program status, conduct of T&E workshops and technical writing IAW the Defence Writing Manual.
TEMP Writers are expected to complete the following for their clients:
- Produce TEMPs IAW the Defence T&E guidance or relevant Service or Group T&E Manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Complete research into status of project or programs in order to produce TEMP development plans for the delivery of project or programs TEMPs in accordance with required client delivery outcomes and schedule.
- Coordinating and conduct all T&E Working Groups IAW Defence T&E or Service or Group T&E organisational guidance.
- Liaison with key T&E stakeholders including but not limited to Service T&E Organisations; Service Headquarters and Formation staff; Capability and Sustainment Group (CASG Project Office personnel and Defence Science & Technology Group (DSTG) for the development of project or program TEMP
The Ideal Candidate
The TEMP Writer will be assessed as a T&E Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will hold a combination of qualifications and skill sets that enable them to fulfil their obligation in the performance of their contracted role.
- Relevant Defence Campus Courses
- Introduction to the Defence Capability Life cycle training
- Introduction to Land T&E
- TEMP Writing and Management Course
- Previous experience in writing project TEMPs or been involved in the review process.
- Sound understanding of the Defence Writing Manual
- Minimum of a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance
- Graduate Australian Technical Staff Officer Course (ATSOC) or Capability Technology Management College (CTMC)
- Bachelor or Engineering (BEng)
- Master of Systems Engineering (MSysEng)
- Cert IV Test & Evaluation
- Resource management experience
- Experience working in the Defence Capability Development Environment and have a sound understanding of the One Defence Capability Model processes.
Personal Behaviours and Attributes
- Demonstrating Omni Executive Core values of Respect, Trust, Agility, and Humility to both the Clients and team members
- Outcomes-focused, relative to maintaining high levels of client satisfaction
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Proven time management skills
- Sound communications skills (Verbal & Written)
- Sound Analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage small teams and conduct Project workshops and meetings.
- Ability to cope with change and be flexibility in their approach to tasks
- Demonstrated personal traits aligned to the Omni Values
Who We Are
Established in 2012, Omni is a 100% Australian-owned company which supports the Australian Government, Defence and Private Sector clients. Omni is a company built on integrity; its strengths are its people and culture. The diverse, collective experience of our team of 250+ personnel draw from a wealth of experience including in intelligence, special operations, law enforcement, emergency services, engineering, and aviation. We pride ourselves on our integrity, excellence and innovation which ensures tailored delivery to our valued clients and creates long-term partnerships in the areas we operate.
What We Offer
- Attractive remuneration package
- Complimentary insurance benefit
- $5000 annual contribution to Professional Development
- Up to 16 weeks of Parental Leave
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our Values, Culture & Sustainability
The Omni values of Respect, Trust, Agility and Humility underpin our culture. Omni’s diverse and inclusive work environment ensures that all personnel are treated with respect. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Omni’s LIVE Sustainability Strategy focuses on Local, Indigenous, Veteran and Environmental initiatives which reflect our long-held commitment to responsible progress and a better future for all. Omni’s Sustainability initiatives include donations, sponsorships, partnerships and volunteering across a wide range of organisations