The Test and Evaluation (T&E) Trial Management Personnel roles include trial scoping, planning, conduct, and reporting. Trial scoping, planning, and reporting activities take place primarily within an office environment. Trial conduct activities primarily occur in field environments. Trial activities range from living in a hotel and travelling to a trial activity daily, through to living under a tarp on a mat, or in a tent on a stretcher, in austere conditions, within an Army field environment. The duration of trial conduct can be from one week to multiple months per trial. Trial management requirements often require personnel to work extended hours for multiple days. While not working, the location and requirements of trials being conducted may preclude access to recreational facilities and comforts.
Omni Trial Management Personnel are expected to complete the following for their clients:
- Plan, conduct and report on T&E activities in accordance with the relevant Service or Group T&E Manual and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), which includes but is not limited to:
- Development of all Trial documentation including Notice of Land or Defence Trials, Trial Directives, Test Plans, Task Orders, Risk Appreciation Summaries, Trial Diary and Trial Reports
- Coordinating and conduct all Trial planning meetings including Trial Planning Groups, Trial Review Committees and Trial Readiness Reviews
- Management of all assigned T&E resources including funding
- Completion of Trial closure activities
- Liaison with key T&E stakeholders including but not limited to Service T&E Organisations, Service HQ and Formation staff, Capability and Sustainment Group (CASG) Project Office personnel, Defence Science and Technology Group (DSTG) for the conduct of T&E activities.
The Ideal Candidate
Trial Management Personnel will be assessed as a T&E Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will hold a combination of qualifications and skill sets that enable them to fulfil their obligation in the performance of their contracted role.
- Defence Campus Courses
- One Defence Capability Framework course or training
- Introduction to Land T&E
- TEMP Writing and Management Course
- Defence T&E Practitioner Course
- Graduate Australian Technical Staff Officer Course (ATSOC) or Capability Technology Management College (CTMC)
- Bachelor or Engineering (BEng)
- Master of Systems Engineering (MSysEng)
- Cert IV T&E
- Completed at least one trial planning, conduct and reporting activity under supervision
- Resource management experience
- Experience working in the Defence Capability Development Environment and have a sound understanding of the One Defence Capability Model processes.
Personal Behaviours and Attributes
- Exhibiting Omni Executive Core values of Respect, Trust, Agility, and Humility to both the Omni Clients and leading Team Members in doing the same
- Outcomes-focussed, relative to maintaining high levels of client satisfaction
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Proven time management skills
- Ability to meet Omni Values
- Very good verbal communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to cope with change and be flexibility in their approach to tasks
Who We Are
Established in 2012, Omni is a 100% Australian-owned company which supports the Australian Government, Defence and Private Sector clients. Omni is a company built on integrity; its strengths are its people and culture. The diverse, collective experience of our team of 250+ personnel draw from a wealth of experience including in intelligence, special operations, law enforcement, emergency services, engineering, and aviation. We pride ourselves on our integrity, excellence and innovation which ensures tailored delivery to our valued clients and creates long-term partnerships in the areas we operate.
What We Offer
- Attractive remuneration package
- Complimentary insurance benefit
- $5000 annual contribution to Professional Development
- Up to 16 weeks of Parental Leave
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our Values, Culture & Sustainability
The Omni values of Respect, Trust, Agility and Humility underpin our culture. Omni’s diverse and inclusive work environment ensures that all personnel are treated with respect. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Omni’s LIVE Sustainability Strategy focuses on Local, Indigenous, Veteran and Environmental initiatives which reflect our long-held commitment to responsible progress and a better future for all. Omni’s Sustainability initiatives include donations, sponsorships, partnerships and volunteering across a wide range of organisations.