The IT Security Practitioner (SOC Analyst and Incident Response) is required to strengthen the ‘security operations centre’ monitoring function through developing use cases and refining existing monitoring tools, as well as responding to alerts. The aim is to support proactive detection and investigation of security incidents.
Candidates must hold either a current TSPV security clearance or have held a TSPV in the previous 12-month period (which has since been downgraded). Candidates with a current Defence recognised Psychological Assessment are preferred but this is not an essential requirement.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with System Admins to generate logs and develop incident use cases
- Using existing SIEM tools, build alerts, dashboards and automated reports
- Provide day-to-day monitoring of SIEM data
- Initiate Incident Response activities as required
- Support the IT Security section in preparing information briefs and reports
- Support the maintenance of IT security guidelines and procedures; identify gaps and prepare updates as needed. Aid in modernising security awareness material.
- Contribute to IT system accreditation activities, as required
- Apply DevSecOps principles to support the secure design, build and sustainment of IT capabilities
- Other tasking in support of the organisation’s cyber security mission
What We Offer
- Attractive remuneration package
- Complimentary insurance benefit
- $5000 annual contribution to Professional Development
- Up to 16 weeks of Parental Leave
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Who We Are
Established in 2012, Omni is a 100% Australian-owned company which supports the Australian Government, Defence and Private Sector clients. Omni is a company built on integrity; its strengths are its people and culture. The diverse, collective experience of our team of 250+ personnel draw from a wealth of experience including in intelligence, special operations, law enforcement, emergency services, engineering, and aviation. We pride ourselves on our integrity, excellence and innovation which ensures tailored delivery to our valued clients and creates long-term partnerships in the areas we operate.
Our Values, Culture & Sustainability
The Omni values of Respect, Trust, Agility and Humility underpin our culture. Omni’s diverse and inclusive work environment ensures that all personnel are treated with respect. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Omni’s LIVE Sustainability Strategy focuses on Local, Indigenous, Veteran and Environmental initiatives which reflect our long-held commitment to responsible progress and a better future for all. Omni’s Sustainability initiatives include donations, sponsorships, partnerships and volunteering across a wide range of organisations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Hold and maintain a minimum Top Secret PV Security Clearance
- Relevant industry training or qualifications, such as GIAC, CISSP
- Experience in performing the functions of a Security Operations Environment; performing system monitoring for security incidents and assisting in incident response activities
- Experience applying Govt IT security policies (e.g. ISM, PSPF and E8) and developing internal security policies or procedures
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including concise writing skills
- Experience in sustaining IT security systems, including vulnerability analysis tools
- Demonstrated technical aptitude in secure system design (including cloud and Windows environments)
- Understanding of the system accreditation process, per the ISM
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Proven influencing, negotiation and time management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Team orientated
- Ability to meet Omni Values