This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to join Omni to increase the accounting capabilities within our finance team. You will have exposure to all aspects of business operations and finance functions and will be a key influence in the future growth of the business
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be exposed to all aspects of the finance function enabling you to support day to day operations and to build your knowledge of the business. You will collaborate with the business leads, finance team and external providers to ensure that compliance and tax reporting meets the required standard and unqualified audited financial statements are submitted within mandatory time limits.
As the Financial Accountant, you will also be responsible for protecting the assets of the company and data within the financial systems, and the management of the control environment ensuring that assets are protected, and data is stored and reported accurately. This aspect of the role will include management of treasury activities such as cashflow management and financial risk mitigation.
Given these responsibilities, the Financial Accountant will be the subject matter expert on short term initiatives to improve financial processes and on the 2024 implementation of a new financial management system capable of supporting a growing organisation with accurate and timely information.
The long-term intention for this role is that it is a development position for the incumbent to assume the Financial Controller or General Manager Finance role in the future.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience of working in a professional environment and exposure to financial statement preparation, tax, and control environments. The role will not be responsible for the preparation of the statutory returns but will co-ordinate the work with the finance team and third-party providers.
To succeed within the environment the person will:
- enjoy working in a professional collaborative team environment.
- be confident in dealing with senior leaders across the business.
- have a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- have good attention to detail
- be willing to meet Omni Values
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Financial Accountant will:
- Be a qualified Accountant (CA or CPA)
- Hold tertiary qualifications in a related discipline such as Economics, Commerce, Accounting
- Have the ability to obtain and maintain a minimum Negative Vetting 2 Security Clearance.
It would be desirable if they have:
- Treasury management certifications or related experience
- Proficiency in the use of MYOB EXO or experience in a similar financial accounting application
- An understanding of financial control environments
- Exposure to the preparation and presentation of tier two simplified disclosure financial statements
- Experience in implementing a new financial management information system
Applications (CV and Pitch Cover Letter) must be submitted by the closing date. In your pitch, please describe your previous accounting experience and what you will bring to the role.