Software Support/Security Practitioner
Role Location: Canberra
Commencement Date: ASAP for 12-24 Months
Security Clearance: Top Secret Positive Vetting TS(PV)
The required person will be able to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility Level 4 (LOR)
• PROG 4
• SCTY 4
• ASUP 4
• ITOP 4
Please see the SFIA levels attached at http://www.professionalsaustralia.org.au/financial-edge/salary-survey-reports/information-technology-acs/responsibility-level-definitions/
The Software Support Engineer/Security Practitioner will work closely with key stakeholders from the organisation as well as technical architects, solutions architects and security specialists.
They will assist in the delivery of complex activities and tasks relating to requirements development, system definition, design and development, integration, verification and validation.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
• Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in, implementing identity management solutions.
• Experience and knowledge of PKI infrastructure (Certificate Authority Applications, Directory Services).
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the development of software (use of languages including C, Perl, SOAP/SAML preferred).
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the implementation of MS Windows AND Unix-based servers.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Proven experience working in Service Delivery Management functions in accordance with the ITIL framework.
• Develop software and system enhancement, especially in the security domain to deliver project outcomes.
• Support the integration and transition (may include requirements gathering, design, development, integration and test) of the Security Services system with the new identity management system.
• Develop, enhance and bug fix Java related software. Document software processes and technical notes.
• Monitor and maintain systems performance and stability (Windows and Linux). Ensure upgrades and patching is deployed on a timely basis.
• Support and coordinate security implementation, evaluation, and accreditation activity.
• Manage existing IT Infrastructure and resources required to deliver and support IT services and products.
• Work collaboratively with the Project Team to coordinate and develop security documentation.
• Support security stakeholders in the review of security plans and resolution of security issues.
• Work with the project team to ensure that systems are provisioned to meet the Prime System Integrators requirements.
• Advise the program/project management team on issues requiring attention, and implement management decisions.
Ability to work in a high security environment with sensitivity reticence and discretion.