Software (Android) Developer - VETINARI
Role Location: Canberra
Expression of Interest Due: 1 November 2018
Commencement Date: ASAP for 12-24 Months
Security Clearance: Top Secret Positive Vetting TS(PV)
The required person will be able to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility Level 4 (LOR)
• DESN 4
• PROG 4
• TEST 3
Please see the SFIA levels attached at http://www.professionalsaustralia.org.au/financial-edge/salary-survey-reports/information-technology-acs/responsibility-level-definitions/
The position will include developing software, integrating Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) and Government Off the Shelf (GOTS) software, documenting technical processes and assisting with testing and deployment. The successful candidates will need software development skills and a proven ability to work within an integrated team of technical/non-technical personnel.
Other Skills and Knowledge:
1. Demonstrated experience in Java Android development
2. Demonstrated experience in Android systems programming
3. Demonstrated experience in with Android SDK
4. Demonstrated experience working with API’s
5. Demonstrated experience in Rails, NET, Django or NodeJS (Optional)
6. Python (Optional)
7. Testing and continuous deployment and development experience.
8. Keen interest in infrastructure networking and systems administration
9. Understanding of network concepts
10. Experience administering Linux based operating systems
11. Experience in DevOps environment (Optional)
12. Experience with automation tools such as Puppet and Ansible (Optional)
1. Lead the development of Android software/systems that support high quality user experience outcomes that fulfil requirements.
2. Develop and test Java code for Android systems.
3. Maintain and upgrade Android systems and applications according to user requirements.
4. Produce documentation in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
5. Participate in and contribute to design reviews, stakeholder meetings and enhancing procedures.
6. Assist in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures
7. Work cohesively and flexibly with the broader program team and stakeholder groups.
Ability to work in a high security environment with sensitivity reticence and discretion.