Role Location: Canberra
Expression of Interest due: 7 December 2018
Start Date: ASAP (12 - 24 Months)
Security Clearance: Top Secret Positive Vetting TS(PV)
The required person will be able to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility Level 4 (LOR)
• BUAN 4
• REQM 2
Please see the SFIA levels attached at http://www.professionalsaustralia.org.au/financial-edge/salary-survey-reports/information-technology-acs/responsibility-level-definitions/
The Business Analyst/Product Owner will be responsible for customer engagement, process modelling and development of system requirements. They will also be responsible for engaging with the team to ensure customer requirements are well understood and expectations on both sides are appropriately managed. This position is responsible for the elicitation of business and technical requirements and the modelling of new and existing business processes to inform technical capability delivery for a fast paced, dynamic business unit.
The successful candidate will contribute to the support of one of our Capabilities within a program. This will involve working with business stakeholders, project managers, systems architects and delivery teams as required to elicit and communicate requirements for successful outcomes. Prioritisation, stakeholder engagement and exceptional communication are all key requirements.
1. Manage stakeholder engagement meetings involving customers that have unique and often conflicting requirements and priorities.
2. Gather, document, communicate and manage business and technical requirements.
3. Model complex business processes.
4. Provide advice on complex systems design within a Services Oriented Architecture.
5. Escalate issues and work with the team to prioritise feature delivery.
6. Work with the development teams to continually improve Agile processes.
7. Communicate customer and developer needs regarding system improvements, enhancements, and elimination of problems and inefficiencies and acceptance testing, ensuring mutually beneficial outcomes.
8. Assist in the development and management of a prioritised schedule of work.
9. Work with other business analysts and product owners to ensure applications are complimentary, fit for purpose and integrated wherever appropriate.
Ability to work in a high security environment with sensitivity reticence and discretion.