Role Location: Canberra
Expression of Interest due: 7 December 2018
Start Date: ASAP (12 - 24 Months)
Security Clearance: Top Secret Positive Vetting TS(PV)
The required person will be able to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility Level 4 (LOR)
• DESN 4
• USEV 4
• UNAN 3
• ITOP 3
• REQM 2
Please see the SFIA levels attached at http://www.professionalsaustralia.org.au/financial-edge/salary-survey-reports/information-technology-acs/responsibility-level-definitions/
The System Engineer will be accountable under general direction to manage complex activities and tasks relating to requirements development, system definition, design and development, integration, verification and validation. The role will facilitate planning, organisation, integration and delivery of complex systems engineering services and products.
The role will need systems engineering skills and a proven ability to work within an integrated team of technical and non-technical personnel.
1. Provide engineering services to all aspects of the system development lifecycle.
2. Analyse complex systems and apply engineering expertise to identify and recommend courses of action.
3. Escalate issues and seek advice from the Project Director and or Project Tranche Manager or Engineering Manager in a timely manner.
4. Contribute to external contract development including identification of approval and verification gates.
5. Participate in the review of externally developed test plans and procedures to ensure integration with requirements and verification processes.
6. Engage with relevant stakeholders in documentation development.
7. Resolve issues and or problems that arise during the course of capability development projects.
8. Assist in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures, and working cohesively and flexibly with the broader project team, key business partners and stakeholder groups.
Ability to work in a high security environment with sensitivity reticence and discretion.