Role Location: Canberra
Expression of Interest due: 7 December 2018
Start Date: ASAP (12 - 24 Months)
Security Clearance: Top Secret Positive Vetting TS(PV)
The required person will be able to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility Level 5 (LOR)
• DESN 5
• USEV 4
• UNAN 4
• ITOP 4
Please see the SFIA levels attached at http://www.professionalsaustralia.org.au/financial-edge/salary-survey-reports/information-technology-acs/responsibility-level-definitions/
The System Engineer will be responsible for leading complex engineering activities to support requirements development, system definition, ongoing development, integration, verification and validation. The System Engineer will lead the planning, organisation and delivery of complex systems engineering services and outcomes.
The System Engineer will liaise with senior decision makers and architects to deliver designs and architectural solutions that support complex ICT transformation efforts and long term technology intents.
1. Work with project managers, product owners, business analysts and senior customers on the design of integrated ICT solutions that support organisational outcomes within the constraints of a technology roadmap.
2. Provide engineering solutions that demonstrate awareness of dependencies and the need to collaborate and integrate with partner agencies and strategic industry partners.
3. Lead the analysis of complex systems and apply engineering expertise to identify and recommend courses of action.
4. Escalate issues and seek advice from the Project Director and or Project Tranche Manager or Engineering Manager in a timely manner.
5. Contribute to external contract development including identification of approval and verification gates.
6. Participate in the review of externally developed test plans and procedures to ensure integration with requirements and verification processes.
7. Engage with relevant stakeholders in documentation development.
8. Resolve issues and or problems that arise during the course of capability development projects.
9. Assist in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures, and working cohesively and flexibly with the broader project team, key business partners and stakeholder groups.
Ability to work in a high security environment with sensitivity reticence and discretion.